Do You Have a Legal Issue? Start Here. 818-646-7269
Law Offices of Robin E. Paley
Personal Injury Lawyer In Los Angeles County

Answers To Your Questions Following A Car Accident

If you have been injured in a car accident due to another driver's negligence or reckless act, you need an attorney with the experience and know-how to protect your rights. Insurance companies protect themselves — not victims.

At the Law Offices of Robin E. Paley, we believe that hard work and timely representation gets results. We believe in making personal connections with our clients. We help you get through the difficult days following your car accident. Contact us at 818-646-7269.

Here are some of the answers you need right now:

What is the first thing I should do after being involved in a car accident?

Call 911 immediately. Even if your accident seems minor, you and your passengers should be checked out by a doctor. You may have injuries that do not immediately show. Adrenaline can also mask the real damage. Soft tissue injuries, for example, can take hours or days to fully develop.

What should I do after the authorities have been called?

You should exchange contact and insurance information with the other driver — even if you are just a passenger. You need proof that you were involved in the accident to get compensation. If possible, try to get photos of the accident scene, the damage to your vehicle and any debris on the road. In addition, try to get photos of your injuries both shortly after the accident and as they develop and heal.

Should I call my insurance company?

Yes. You need to report the accident promptly. However, even with your insurance company, you should be cautious. Give the insurance representative nothing more than the facts of the accident, like where it happened and who was involved. You do not want to risk saying something that can later be used to deny your claim.

When should I call a lawyer?

If you are injured, you should contact a personal injury attorney as soon as possible to best protect your rights.

Call us at 818-646-7269 for representation throughout Encino, California, and Los Angeles County or fill out our convenient online form.

Let's Talk About Your Legal Issue

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Review Us